What’s the best part of being vegan?
Well, and the health benefits.
But really, the food! Vegan meals can be simply awesome.
So where do you start…?
Here’s a link to the hands-down best vegan introduction blog I’ve ever read. Kathy, over at the Healthy Happy Life vegan food blog, makes the vegan lifestyle look easy, flavorful, decadent, and awesome. Because, it is, if you learn to make it that way. So whether you’re wondering what the heck a vegan is, you’re curious about becoming vegan yourself, you’ve just started the vegan adventure, or even if you’ve got years of vegan cooking under your belt, I highly recommend checking out “How I Eat Vegan. (And you can too.)“.
Your taste buds will thank you!
Favorite Food Blogs: super tasty inspiration~
- Post Punk Kitchen ~ Isa brings style and activism to her cooking. Author of some of the best vegan cookbooks (Veganomicon, Vegan with a Vengeance, and Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World), this page is a wealth of awesome vegan cooking goodness.
- Sprouted Life Wellness ~ Kristin is a vegetarian nutritionalist who has gone through both vegan and raw diets. Her photos make me drool, and her recipes make me want to cook!
- The Vegan Stoner ~ These two make vegan cooking easy, fast, simple, and delicious, usually with ingredients I already have on hand. Also, whimsical illustrations.
- Healthy Happy Life ~ Kathy makes vegan look amazing! Countless recipes, knowledge, and inspiration, from the simple to the absolutely gourmet.
- Fat Girl Trapped in a Skinny Body ~ Not an entirely vegetarian food blog, Julia makes it easy to sort her amazing vegan and vegetarian recipes, without even having to look at the other options ;)
* * *
Want more vegan posts in your feed? Follow me on Facebook~
A small community for vegans, vegetarians, and the veg-curious~
Want more recipe inspiration? Follow me on Pinterest~
I’m always posting my new favorite recipes and tips!
Want to drool over vegan food photos? Follow me on Instagram~
I post pictures of delicious food almost daily!
* * *
Great Documentaries: coming soon~
* * *
Restaurant Guides: learn to dine out with confidence~
The links I’m posting are local to Oregon and the Willamette Valley, but I’m sure similar resources are out there for your local area too!
- Marco Polo Global Restaurant ~ Salem, Oregon
My personal verrrry favorite restaurant! I just have to share the link to their Vegetarian menu, which is also mostly vegan! Vegan dishes are marked with [V]. Prepare to drool.
- PDX Vegan Restaurant Guide ~ Food Fight, Portland, Oregon
Note: This is obviously Portland-specific, but very detailed! Includes restaurants and non-food vegan services. Also includes links to other Portland-specific vegan guides.
- Vegan & Vegetarian Restaurant Guide ~ Happy Cow
Note: Searchable by city and state. Not a very pretty website… but has some good detailed information about restaurants, like whether they have a separate vegetarian menu, or have more than just vegetarian appetizers ;)